The current management suggests one must apply through a travel agency for VISA in Nepal. Other means are closed at the moment but surely will regulate after things get in hand.
Yep, Nepal… The country is finally open to trekkers and travelers from all over the world since October 17, 2020.
After rain comes sunshine. Similarly, after months of the lockdown, it’s about time to explore nature and get lost in the wilderness of Nepal.
After COVID, the government of Nepal has initiated a few mandatory regulations to help limit virus-transmission. The land borders are still closed along with some services such as On-arrival VISA.
The Ministry of Culture, Tourism, and Civil Aviation of Nepal had put forward some entry requirements for mountaineers and trekkers that must be followed.
The ministry also suggested that enthusiasts shall directly contact their travel and trekking agency for up to date information.
In this article, we will discuss how can one get a VISA in Nepal after COVID. But before that, here are the entry requirements for mountaineers and trekkers in Nepal.
Entry Requirements for Mountaineers and Trekkers
- Trekkers and mountaineers must obtain a visa before arrival through their travel and trekking agencies.
- Travelers upon arrival must submit negative results from a PCR test taken within 72 hours of departing their home country.
- Trekkers and mountaineers must have a hotel booking for a 7-day quarantine in Nepal.
- Trekkers and mountaineers must possess insurance of at least USD 5,000 against COVID-19.
- On the fifth day of the quarantine, trekkers and mountaineers must take a PCR test at their own expense before proceeding with their trek or expedition.
Now to the question that you initially came here for.
How to get VISA in Nepal post COVID?
Frankly, your options are limited. Until everything gets back to normal, our best bet to obtain a VISA in Nepal is through a travel agency. For instant, if you travel with us (CoreTreks), then all you need to do is to provide the required documents. Rest will be taken care of by our professionals for you.
Before applying for a VISA through a travel agency, you are going to require the following documents:
- Passport photocopy
- Date of arrival
- Itinerary of flight tickets
- COVID insurance of minimum USD 5,000
- Hotel booking (a minimum of 7 days)
- Trekking/Climbing Itinerary (made by the travel agency)
Your Transportation Options
- Commercial flights have been resumed under some restrictions.
- Domestic flights have resumed, including full seating capacity. Each flight will operate under strict COVID mitigation measures.
- Additional information on flights is available through the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
- Public transportation, including taxis and buses, and some long-distance buses, may operate at 50% occupancy.
- Masks are required when outdoors, including while on public transport and taxis.
For more country-specific information, follow the link:
- COVID-19 Stats: https://covid19.ndrrma.gov.np/
- Nepal Department of Immigration: https://www.immigration.gov.np/
Nevertheless, be informed that the Government of Nepal has authorized local authorities to impose lockdowns within their jurisdictions.
Therefore, it is important to have up to date information about the place that you plan on traveling to.
CoreTreks can help you tailor your adventure in Nepal with ease. Our travel experts evaluate your requirements and put together an itinerary that best fits you.
Let us know the destination that you are interested in, and we will be happy to help.
For further inquiries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Traveling!