Haleshi Maratika Short Tour in Nepal Overview
- Trip Code: CT-10085
- Package: Haleshi Maratika Short Tour in Nepal
- Duration: 3 Day(s)
- Trip Level:
BeginnerRequires no prior experience and fits for people with basic physical ability
- Transportation: Private Vehicle
- Accommodation: Hotel | Guest House
- 4 Wheel Drive Jeep from Kathmandu to Haleshi Mahadev
- Cave exploration of Haleshi
- Meditation in Haleshi Maratika Cave
- Delicious Nepali Cuisine
- Historic tour of Haleshi Maratika
- Farewell dinner (Nepali style)
Haleshi Maratika is one of the holiest and oldest places in Nepal. Pilgrims from all over the world admire the temple. Located in a hilly region of Nepal (next to Mahadevasthan), the cave is at an altitude of 3,100 ft. above sea level. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu as well as the Buddhist pilgrims. The caves are called the Halesi Mahadev Temple associated with Mahadeva, a form of Shiva.
The temple is widely famous as Pashupatinath of Eastern Nepal. The cave is 67 feet below the surface which is why it is a well-admired tourist destination. The entrance is shaped like a half-moon and faces towards the east. It has a round shape, with another, separate cave lying beneath. The cave is located in-between the holy rivers Dudh Koshi and Sun Koshi.
Due to high demand, our experts from CoreTreks have crafted this package as a short tour to Haleshi Maratika. On this trip, we will be driving to Haleshi from Kathmandu in a 4-Wheel Drive Jeep. Upon reaching the cave, we will start our meditation. Then we will drive back to Kathmandu on our last day of the tour. If you have inquiries regarding the trip, kindly email us to email@example.com.
|4WD Jeep Drive Kathmandu to Halesi Mahadev.
|Meditation in Maratika Cave
|Drive back from Halesi to Kathmandu.
Haleshi Maratika Short Tour in Nepal Itinerary
4WD Jeep Drive Kathmandu to Halesi Mahadev.
On this day, we start early. After a light breakfast, we will prepare for a drive to Halesi Mahadev from Kathmandu. One of the representatives from CoreTreks will accompany you to a 4WD Jeep to begin our journey. Most of today will be spent travelling. The overnight stay will be at Halesi.
Meditation in Maratika Cave
Today, we visit to Halesi Mahadev (Maratika Cave) and start our prayer. Along with other devotees, we will meditate, pray, and receive the blessings from Halesi Mahadev. People from different regions visit the cave to pray. Majority of today will be spent sightseeing around the cave. The overnight stay will be at a hotel in Halesi.
Drive back from Halesi to Kathmandu.
After a light breakfast, we will begin our drive back to Kathmandu from Halesi. Again, most of the day will be spent traveling. We will rest on a couple of stops before finally reaching Kathmandu. The time has finally come to bid our good byes. CoreTreks will hold a farewell dinner with some of the delicious Neplai cuisine.
Haleshi Maratika Short Tour in Nepal Cost Mentions
- Standard twin- sharing accommodation in Halesi , breakfast included. (2 Nights).
- All entrance fee as itinerary, Temple, Monasteries & Historical sites.
- Transport from Kathmandu –Halesi- Kathmandu.
- Bottled water during the tour.
- Government Royalty
- Personal Care and Attention.
- All kind of beverage.
- Travel and Rescue Insurance.
- Tips to crew.
- Personal mountaineering gears.
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Visa fee, you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu.
- Everything else apart from wherever "Cost Included services" is mentioned.
Equipment And Gears
To prepare for your trek in Nepal, it's essential to consider both the specific route and the time of year. Here is a Nepal trekking packing list to help you pack wisely. Here’s our Nepal Trekking packing list.