Muktinath Short Tour in Nepal Overview
- Trip Code: CT-10083
- Package: Muktinath Short Tour in Nepal
- Duration: 6 Day(s)
- Trip Level:
BeginnerRequires no prior experience and fits for people with basic physical ability
- Start At: Kathmandu
- Ends At: Kathmandu
- Transportation: Domastic Flight & Private Vehicle
- Accommodation: Hotel | Guest House
- Visit Manakamana Temple from Kathmandu
- Exploring the lively city of Pokhara
- Flight to Jomsom via Pokhara
- Sightseeing Muktinath Temple (Temple of salvation)
- Sightseeing Pashupatinath Temple
Muktinath Temple, situated in the district of Mustang, is a pilgrimage for both the Buddhist and Hindus in Nepal. The temple is at an altitude of 3749 and is a pagoda-shaped temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Muktinath is a lord of Salvation and people from all over the globe come to get blessings. Behind the temple, there are 108 waterspouts cast in the shape of a cow-head that pours holy water. It is believed that bathing from the holy water will set you free from bad deeds of the past.
The temple is widely famous in Nepal and amongst different countries of the Hindu religion. Devotees from countries like India, Bangladesh, etc visit every year. Our 5 nights 6 days tour to Muktinath is put together after a thorough review of travelers' needs of short tours in Nepal. The tour starts with a drive to the Manakamana temple.
The Manakamana temple is situated in the Gorkha district of Nepal. It is the sacred place of Hindu Goddess Bagwati (an incarnation of Parvati). It is believed that Manakamana grants the w
ishes of all those who make the pilgrimage to worship her shrine. The temple is approximately 140 kilometers (87 miles) from Kathmandu which takes about 3-4 hours by drive. After our visit to Manakamana, we continue our drive further to the west, to Pokhara where we will be spending the night.
Early in the morning, after a light breakfast, we head to the airport in Pokhara to catch a flight to Jomsom, the center of Gharpajhong Gaunpalike (VDC). Upon reaching Jomsom, we drive to Muktinath temple. Once we tour the infamous Muktinath Temple, we head back to Jomsom for the night. Furthermore, we return back to Pokhara and go for sightseeing in Pokhara. Being a tourist hub, Pokhara is filled with exciting adventure activities and many beautiful destinations to explore.
To end the tour we drive back to Kathmandu. The next day, early in the morning we head to Pashupatinath Temple. The temple is listed in UNESCO World Heritage Sites and is one of the most important Hindu shrines in the history. The complex occupies large space, we will explore the temple before heading for the departure.
If you are looking for a short religious tour in Nepal along with nature exploration. This might be it. Book your trip to Muktinath via CoreTreks at a reasonable cost. Our travel experts will company your along your trip and will make sure that the tour goes as planned. For more information regarding the trip email us at email@example.com.
|Day 01||Arrival in Kathmandu|
|Day 02||Drive to Kathmandu – Manakamana Temple – Pokhara|
|Day 03||Flight to Jomsom & drive to Muktinath temple, back to Jomsom.|
|Day 04||Fly back to Pokhara in the morning flight & sightseeing in Pokhara.|
|Day 05||Pokhara to Kathmandu by drive.|
|Day 06||Sightseeing in Pasupatinath temple,& departure in your destination.|
Muktinath Short Tour in Nepal Itinerary
Arrival in Kathmandu
Upon arrival, one of our representatives from CoreTreks will pick you up from the airport and accompany you to a hotel of choice. In the evening, we will set up a small meeting to plan our trip. After a decent meal, the overnight stay will be at the hotel.
Drive to Kathmandu – Manakamana Temple – Pokhara
Today, we start early. After a light breakfast, we begin our drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara. On the way, we will visit Manakamana Temple by cable car. It is believed that one’s wishes are fulfilled after receiving blessings from Manakamana. After returning from the temple, we will continue our journey to Pokhara. Overnight stay will be at a hotel in Pokhara.
Flight to Jomsom & drive to Muktinath temple, back to Jomsom.
Early in the morning, after a light breakfast, we drive to the airport in Pokhara for our flight to Jomsom. Upon, landing at Jomsom, we will start our drive to Muktinath temple. The temple is a place of salvation and is believed that all the bad deeds are forgiven if you shower at there. Then, we will be driving back to Jomsom. The overnight will be at Jomsom.
Fly back to Pokhara in the morning flight & sightseeing in Pokhara.
Today, we fly back to Pokhara in the morning after having our breakfast. After arriving to Pokhara, we will go for sightseeing in Pokhara including Fewa Lake. There are a number of attractions in Pokhara, so the day will be busy. The overnight stay will be at a hotel in Pokhara.
Pokhara to Kathmandu by drive.
Early in the morning, after a light breakfast, we will drive back to Kathmandu. The drive will be somewhere around 5-8 hours depending upon the traffic and road conditions. Most of the day will be spent driving. Our overnight stay will be at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Sightseeing in Pasupatinath temple,& departure in your destination.
After a light breakfast, we will drive to Pasupatinath Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Kathmandu. Thousands of devotees from all over the world visit Pasupatinath to receive blessings. We will tour around the temple and pray. Then, one of our representatives will accompany you to your departure destination and the time has come to bid our good byes.
Muktinath Short Tour in Nepal Cost Mentions
- Airport transport Pick up & Drop.
- Standard twin- sharing accommodation in a three starts hotel in Kathmandu, breakfast included. (2Nights).
- Standard twin- sharing accommodation in a three starts hotel in Pokhara, breakfast included. (2 Nights).
- Standard twin- sharing accommodation in Jomsom, breakfast included. (1 Night).
- Round airfare from Pokhara- Jomsom- Pokhara.
- Jeep from Jomsom – Muktinath- Jomsom.
- All entrance fee as itinerary, Temple, Monasteries & Historical sites.
- All Ground Transportation by Private Tourist Vehicle with experienced a driver.
- Daily breakfast & farewell dinner a typical Nepali restaurant with cultural dance.
- 06 days professional English speaking guide.
- Bottled water during the tour.
- Government Royalty
- Personal Care and Attention.
- All kind of beverage.
- Travel and Rescue Insurance.
- Tips to crew.
- Personal mountaineering gears.
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Visa fee, you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu.
- Everything else apart from wherever "Cost Included services" is mentioned.
Equipment And Gears
To prepare for your trek in Nepal, it's essential to consider both the specific route and the time of year. Here is a Nepal trekking packing list to help you pack wisely. Here’s our Nepal Trekking packing list.